Myrtle Beach Car Accident Lawyers
If you or someone you love has been injured in an automobile accident, then a personal injury attorney could help you. When you contact the Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers, we will set up a evaluation of your case. We will explain your options to you and give you our very best advice about whether the merits of your case make it a good idea to take legal action.
Vehicle accidents change lives. Sometimes, sadly, they take lives. Also, resulting injuries vary in severity from accident to accident. Even though we have control over the way we drive, we have no control over the choices that others make when they are behind the wheel. Sometimes, those decisions lead to awful things happening. We have all been on the road when someone has cut us off, failed to signal, or run a red light. We have also seen drivers driving in ways that made us think they must be impaired.
It’s hard to know what to do when faced with the consequences of an accident. We don’t leave our home expecting that to happen to us. Accidents on our Myrtle Beach roads dramatically affect our neighbors, our families, and us.
We are here to make sure that you get the compensation you are owed if you’ve been hurt in a car accident. Call us at (843) 839-4795 or fill out a contact form to schedule a no-obligation consultation with an experienced Myrtle Beach car accident lawyer today.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
While you are recovering from injuries or grieving the loss of a loved one, you should not have to navigate a complicated and overwhelming legal system. You should be taking care of yourself, taking care of your loved ones, and focusing on more pressing needs. However, it’s hard not to feel incredible stress when medical bills are piling up and time lost from work has caused you to lose wages that your family depends on.
You need a personal injury lawyer to help get things back on track. Insurance companies do not want to pay out claims. They will use deceitful tactics to avoid compensating injured parties, even when insurance policies require them to do so. Hiring a personal injury attorney not only makes things easier on you, but it also puts insurance companies in their place.
One tactic that insurance companies use often is encouraging accident victims to settle quickly, and usually for a much lower amount than you should get. One of the problems with this is injuries from car accidents don’t always appear immediately. Back and neck injuries, for example, might not initially appear serious, but could later become serious. That’s why it is important that you never discuss your matter with an insurance company without legal representation and before your injuries have been fully evaluated.
Once an attorney is on the case, these insurance companies can no longer get away with not paying. They know that lawyers spend every day fighting them. Lawyers know the legal process, and they don’t fall for their tricks.
Why Choose The Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers?
Our personal injury law firm in beautiful Myrtle Beach, South Carolina handles many types of cases. We are like a family, and we treat our clients with the respect and dignity they deserve. But make no mistake – we are staunch advocates for our clients. We know they are in pain, have suffered through a scary time, and need our help.
We are a trusted law firm, and we deliver personal attention to our clients. When you choose our firm, you will get hard work, extensive legal experience, and creative strategies designed to help you receive compensation. We use an all-hands-on-deck approach so that our clients get the effective representation that hopefully leads to a positive outcome.
The automobile accident cases we cover include but are not limited to:
- Head-On Collisions
- T-Bone Collisions
- Rear-end Collisions
- Drunk Driving
- Drugged Driving
- Failure to Signal
- Distracted Driving
- Aggressive Driving
- No Stopping or Yielding
- Mechanical Malfunctions
- Pedestrian, Bicycle, Scooter, Motorcycle Collisions
South Carolina is the third worst state in the United States for auto accident fatalities. Our state has a lot to feel great about, but being almost at the top of that rankings list isn’t one of them.
The number is unbelievable, and those are just the accidents that resulted in a fatality. Every day, people are injured on our South Carolina roads and highways. We must do better. The causes of these accidents vary from intentional actions to just plain negligence.
- Distracted Driving – Even though texting while driving is illegal in South Carolina, people do it anyway. They also talk on their cell phones, often with devices that are not hands-free. There is no law against looking at a GPS screen or looking at your phone to dial a number, and teenagers are not the only offenders. Adults participate in these distracted driving behaviors as well.
- Speeding – Many drivers think that speed limits are a suggestion as opposed to the law. The results are often catastrophic.
- Aggressive or Reckless Driving – Many drivers participate in dangerous behaviors. They have road rage, and they put others at risk because they cannot control their tempers or believe that the rules of the road should not apply to them.
- Mechanical Malfunction – From airbags failing to deploy to brakes locking up, components of automobiles sometimes malfunction. This can cause an accident, or it can contribute to an accident having more serious repercussions than it otherwise would have.
- Not Paying Attention – Sometimes, people don’t look before pulling out into traffic, or they don’t pay attention to a stop or yield sign, causing a collision or sudden stop.
- Intoxicated Driving – It seems like this problem will never go away. Despite people knowing the consequences of operating a vehicle while impaired by drugs or alcohol, drivers continue to do it and put others at risk.
- Driver Inexperience – There is a reason that it costs more to ensure younger drivers and why rental car companies refuse to rent to drivers under the age of 25. Driver inexperience is correlated with a risk of accidents. Sometimes, this is due to the driver choosing riskier behaviors. Often, it is due to poor decision-making based on lack of experience. They don’t always have the timing right when making left turns or leave too little room for drivers in front of them.
South Carolina Statute of Limitations
Time really is of the essence when it comes to lawsuits. The state of South Carolina has a three-year statute of limitations for personal injury cases. This means that you only have three years from the time you are injured to file a lawsuit to recover damages.
After an accident, you should contact an attorney as soon as you are able The longer the time that passes from the time you are injured, the more difficult it sometimes is to gather the best evidence for you to have a successful outcome. Evidence sometimes gets lost, and memories aren’t always as good the longer it takes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does contingency mean?
Contingency is a pay agreement in which a lawyer is only compensated if the client is compensated. If we agree to take on your case, you don’t pay us outright. If you do not win your case, regardless of how much time and how many resources we have devoted to your case, you will owe us nothing. If, however, you win (and we hope that’s the outcome for you), we get a percentage of the awarded money.
Will my case take a long time, and how much will I get?
Your case could be over quickly, or it could take a while. The specifics of your case and the type of work that must be done contribute to how long it will take. It’s difficult, therefore, to make any generalizations about the time. Should you win your case, the amount of money you could be awarded also depends upon the specifics of your case. If you have very bad, life-altering injuries, you might get a higher dollar amount than if your injuries are minor.
Is there a guarantee that I will win my case?
No law firm can offer assurances about any outcome. We wish we could offer a guarantee to all our clients that they will get the outcome they want. We can’t. What we can assure you of is that we will use our legal skills and experience to help you in the best way we know how. We want all our clients to feel like we did all we could, and we want you to come back to us in the event you need legal services in the future.
How do I know if I have a strong case?
During your case consultation, we will talk with you about your accident and any injuries you sustained. We will discuss with you whether we need to look through relevant documents. The information you provide us with and our knowledge of what the law says about circumstances like yours will help us decide if your case is something we should pursue.
Contact the Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers Today
Call the Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers as soon as you can if you or someone you love has sustained injuries due to an automobile accident. We will meet with you during a case evaluation and talk about how to proceed. Call us today at (843) 839-4795 or reach out to us online.