Myrtle Beach Timeshare Litigation Attorneys
If you were subjected to fraud or misrepresentation in connection with the purchase of a timeshare in Myrtle Beach, you need to know your legal rights and options. You may be entitled to cancel your timeshare agreement and may also be entitled to compensation for expenses and other monetary losses you suffered from your timeshare agreement. A Myrtle Beach timeshare litigation lawyer at the Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers can review the facts and circumstances of your case to advise you of your rights and options for getting out from under a bad timeshare agreement.
For over ten years, Attorney William J. Luse and the team at the Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers have fought to protect people’s rights. As a skilled trial attorney, Attorney Luse knows what it takes to achieve successful results on behalf of his clients and make sure that they are not taken advantage of. Our track record of success in helping clients obtain the compensation they deserve speaks for itself.
If you feel like you are trapped with a timeshare you no longer want in Myrtle Beach, contact the Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers today for a consultation to learn more about your rights and options and how we can help you the relief you need and deserve.
Do I Need a Timeshare Litigation Lawyer?
If you were tricked or defrauded into signing up for a timeshare, you might have many questions. Can I cancel my agreement? Am I entitled to be refunded or compensated for my financial losses? Do I need to hire an attorney?
If you are locked into a time share you no longer want, you might be entitled to receive compensation for the expenses and monetary losses you’ve incurred, including a refund of the amounts you paid under your timeshare agreement and other incidental costs such as travel expenses. It will be much more difficult for you to get out from under a fraudulent timeshare agreement and to obtain full compensation for your losses if you do not have the assistance of an attorney.
The process of litigating against your timeshare can be complicated and time-consuming. Let us handle the burdens of fighting against corporations and attorneys so that you can have peace of mind.
Why Choose the Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers to Handle My Case?
If you need an attorney in Myrtle Beach, you have many law firms to choose from. Not all firms are created equal. Choosing the right attorney can be critical to the success of your case. What sets The Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers apart from other firms includes:
- Experience – Attorney Luse has over a decade of experience fighting on behalf of clients.
- Client satisfaction – Our goal is to ensure that each of our clients has their rights protected and asserted and that they receive the justice they need and deserve
- Recognized legal team – Attorney Luse is a member of the South Carolina Association of Justice, the National Employment Lawyers Association, the National College for DUI Defense, and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Timeshare Cases We Handle
The South Carolina timeshare law prohibits various fraudulent acts by timeshare resorts and sellers of timeshares in South Carolina. Our Myrtle Beach timeshare litigation attorneys can help you if you’ve been the victim of prohibited fraudulent activity by timeshare companies, such as:
- Using of promotions such as sweepstakes, certificates, gift awards, premiums, or discounts without disclosing that such promotional device is being used to solicit the sale of a timeshare or to acquire the names and/or addresses of persons to solicit them for the purchase of timeshares
- Misrepresenting the amount of time or period of time accommodations and facilities are available to a purchaser
- Misrepresenting the location of offered accommodations and facilities
- Misrepresenting the size, nature, extent, qualities, or characteristics of offered accommodations and facilities
- Misrepresenting the nature or extent of the services provided as part of the accommodations or facilities
- Misrepresenting the contracts of the sales contract or the purchaser’s rights, privileges, or benefits under the timeshare sale agreement
- Failing to honor or comply with all provisions of the sales contract
- Including a contractual provision purporting to waive a right or benefit provided to purchasers by statutory law, or soliciting such a waiver from a purchaser
- Committing any act of fraud, misrepresentation, or omission of material fact
In addition to the above fraudulent acts, our attorneys can also help you if a timeshare seller:
- Failed to have an independent attorney supervise the closing of the sale
- Violated your right to have your attorney represent you during the sale and closing process
- Failed to honor a valid, timely cancellation of a timeshare purchase agreement
Frequently Asked Questions
If I was tricked into purchasing a timeshare, can I cancel the contract?
Under South Carolina law, you may cancel a contract to purchase a timeshare within five days (not including Sundays) of “closing”, which usually is either the date you sign the sale contract or the date on which you receive the disclosure agreement, whichever is later, or on the date the deed is submitted for recordation, if applicable.
However, if you purchased your timeshare under an installment sales contract, the law does not consider the “closing” for your purchase to have occurred until six months after the sale itself. Therefore, if you purchased your timeshare under an installment sales contract, you have up to six months from the date of the sale to cancel the contract by right. Otherwise, you only have up to five days from your purchase to cancel the contract as of right. Our Myrtle Beach timeshare litigation attorneys can help you explore different legal rights and options you may have to cancel your timeshare purchase contract.
Do I need an attorney to purchase a timeshare?
You are not required to hire your own attorney to purchase a timeshare. South Carolina law requires the seller of a timeshare to have an attorney, not employed by the seller, to supervise the sale and closing of a timeshare interest. A purchaser has an absolute right to have their attorney represent them during the sale and closing process and must inform the seller if the purchaser has an attorney representing them.
However, a purchaser can waive their right to have their attorney but can rescind this waiver at any point during the sale process upon written notice to the seller. It is highly advisable, if you are contemplating the purchase of a timeshare, retain qualified counsel who can look out for your interests and ensure that you are not subjected to surprise contractual provisions in your timeshare agreement.
Our Myrtle Beach Time Share Lawyers Will Fight to Get You Justice
The time share layers at the Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers have served the people of the Myrtle Beach area for over a decade. We recognize the importance of tourism for our region; when unscrupulous timeshare resorts and sellers sell visitors unfavorable deals, we fight against those companies to restore victims’ trust in the people of Myrtle Beach.
If you and your family have been the victim of a bad timeshare contract in Myrtle Beach, contact the attorneys of the Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers today to schedule a consultation to learn more about your legal rights and options for getting out from under a fraudulent, onerous timeshare agreement. Call us at (843) 839-4795 or reach out to us online for help now.