More Tricks & Tactics of the Insurance Industry
We’ll grant them this: insurance companies are great marketers, and they are very good at promoting a caring, sensitive
approach when it comes to handling your claims. Don’t be fooled, though.
Insurance companies and their representatives have one goal in mind: to make big profits. And, how do they strive to do
that? By limiting the amount of money that they pay out on accident claims or by denying those claims altogether.
Here are just a few of the most common tricks and tactics that insurance companies utilize to achieve their goal:
• Monitoring your social media postings and interactions. Rest assured that the insurance company will be checking
for any videos or updates you post that might undermine your claim;
• Doing their best to try to get you to go through the other driver’s insurance company to get your vehicle appraised
• Believe it or not, insurance companies have even made a habit of hiring private investigators to secretly videotape
unsuspecting accident victims, hoping to uncover damaging information;
• Trying to talk you out of meeting with or hiring an experienced car accident attorney to help you with your claim.
The insurance companies know that accident victims who hire an attorney have a much better chance at achieving
a higher settlement for their claim;
• Not settling claims for a fair amount. Unfortunately, we see this all of the time, and it can spell financial disaster for
you and your family down the road.
An experienced car accident attorney can help level the playing field and protect your rights in a fight against the insurance