Marion Criminal Defense Lawyers
If you are convicted of a crime in South Carolina, you are likely to face serious fines, the loss of certain rights, and jail time. When the state is bringing a case against you, you need a skilled Marion criminal defense attorney to fight with ferocity on your behalf.
The uncertainty accompanying a potential conviction can be frightening. If you have been charged with a crime, the best thing you can do is stay calm and reach out to a lawyer who you can trust. If you need experienced defense in Marion, Law Office of William J. Luse is ready to fight for you.
At Law Office of William J. Luse, our team focuses on securing the best possible results for you while also defending your reputation. The law sees you as innocent until proven guilty, and our job as your legal defense is to fight for you and keep your best interests at heart.
Even when cleared of criminal charges, people who have been prosecuted often still face social and professional obstacles. At Law Office of William J. Luse, we fight to protect your name and reputation when a criminal charge threatens to upend your life. No matter the severity of the crime you’ve been charged with, we are ready to speak with you. Call us today at (843) 839-4795.
Do I Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer?
If you’re facing criminal charges, don’t risk your rights by representing yourself. Even if you have studied the legalities surrounding your case, you should seek the help of an experienced South Carolina criminal defense attorney. A defense attorney will give you the peace of mind in knowing your case is being handled by someone with the proper education and experience.
Your defense lawyer has the resources to hire investigators to help collect additional information and evidence for your defense. During the trial, a defense attorney can present your side of the story in the most persuasive way possible. A skilled defense lawyer will also be able to thoroughly evaluate the prosecution’s evidence and dissect witness testimony.
You probably have personal and professional obligations demanding your time and attention while your case is being handled. When you have an experienced defense attorney on your case, you can rest assured that they will be able to devote the time and resources your case deserves.
The trial process is comprised of many different networks of prosecutors, judges, clerks, and other professionals in the legal field. Having worked in this environment, a seasoned criminal defense lawyer has an invaluable understanding of court norms and behaviors. This knowledge will work to your advantage if you are charged with a crime.
Ultimately, a criminal defense lawyer can be an important stabilizing force if you face criminal charges. Though this may be your first time on the opposing side of the prosecution, you can be confident in knowing your lawyer has been in this position many times before. They will be able to give you practical information and advice, negotiate on your behalf, and make sure that you are informed and protected every step of the way.
Why Hire Law Office of William J. Luse to Handle my Case?
When you choose Law Office of William J. Luse, you are trusting us with your rights. We take this honor very seriously. You have options when you’re looking for the right lawyer to defend your case and through our work, we are determined to show you that you made the right decision in hiring us. If you’ve been charged with a crime in Marion, the following factors set the team at Law Office of William J. Luse above the rest:
Experience – You name it, we’ve done it. Nothing in or out of the courtroom surprises us. We are hawks for detail, preparing for every possible tactic that the prosecution may attempt to use against you.
Service – Clients always come first. We know that facing charges is not only financially difficult but also mentally and emotionally draining. We lead with compassion and remain accessible to you as we work together. With Law Office of William J. Luse, you will never second-guess that we care about what is best for you.
Results – When we defend our clients, we fight for the best possible outcome. Whether that means getting charges dismisses, reduced, or by obtaining a “not guilty” verdict, we set our goals high. We know how your life could be changed by a conviction, and we will stand with you throughout the process so that you know that you are supported both in and out of the courtroom.
Criminal Defense Cases We Handle
Depending on the specific charges you are facing, the state may choose prosecute your case aggressively, so you need to know that you are in capable hands when your case goes to trial. At Law Office of William J. Luse we are ready to defend you if you are charged with the following.
- Assault and Battery – South Carolina generally observes three classifications for assault and battery: 1st degree, 2nd degree, and 3rd degree. Depending on the severity of the accusation, assault and battery charges can range from a misdemeanor to a felony. If convicted this charge could tarnish your record and cost you important opportunities in the future.
- Domestic Violence – For a crime to cross the threshold from assault and battery to domestic violence, it must be perpetrated against a member of the household. Under South Carolina law, the term “household member” can include a spouse, a former spouse, a co-parent, or someone the accused currently lives with or formerly lived with.
- Drug Charges – South Carolina has strict drug laws, so if you are charged with a crime related to possession, manufacturing, distributing, trafficking, or using illegal drugs, you need a lawyer to rigorously defend your rights. We work with people who have been accused of crimes relating to marijuana, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamines, ecstasy, drug starter materials, narcotics, and prescription medication.
- DUI – Under the Implied Consent Law, if you are pulled over for something unrelated to intoxication and an officer suspects you are under the influence, you may be subjected to chemical testing. It is your right to refuse a breathalyzer test and reach out to a lawyer. A DUI arrest can result in driver’s license suspension and a DUI conviction could later impact your insurance costs and employment opportunities.
- Traffic Violations – Being accused of a traffic violation can result in steep fines and can impact your driving record. A lawyer can help you fight the allegations and reduce or eliminate these harsh consequences.
- Sexual Assault – Being accused of sexual assault is painful and embarrassing. People will judge you before you’ve had your chance to defend yourself. Our attorneys will hear your side of the story and fight for you.
- Federal Offenses – If you are accused of a federal crime, the deck may be stacked against you. Our lawyers have the experience it takes to take on the Feds in court.
- Felony Offenses – Facing a felony charge is scary. At Law Office of William J. Luse we work hard to alleviate this stress and fight on your behalf to get the best result possible.
- Murder – Murder charges are accompanied by the most serious criminal punishments including potential life in prison and even the death penalty. Those convicted of murder under South Carolina Code 16-3-20 face a mandatory minimum of 30 years in jail.
No matter the severity of the charges you face, you shouldn’t leave anything up to chance. You need a prepared defense team to stand up for your rights when you face prosecution. When you work with Law Office of William J. Luse all of our decisions will be made with your best interest and rights in mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’ve been charged with a crime, you have questions about what will happen to you, how your case will progress, and if there’s anything you can do to fight against your charges. Read over our frequently asked questions and get in touch with Law Office of William J. Luse to discuss the specifics of your case in more detail.
When Will My Case Be Resolved?
Each case is different so it’s difficult to determine the specific amount of time it will take to fight your accusations. Generally speaking, though some require more time, most criminal cases are resolved within a matter of months. Some factors that influence how long your case will take to be resolved include whether or not your crime is a federal or state crime and if you are facing misdemeanor or felony charges. Based on these, and other details, your lawyer can give you a better idea of your case’s timeline.
How Long Can Charges Be Brought Against Me?
South Carolina is among the few states that do not have a statute of limitations for bringing criminal charges against someone. Many states put limitations in place to restrict the prosecution of a crime to a certain amount of years. In South Carolina, however, these limitations do not exist. As such, charges for a crime from years past can be brought at any time.
How Do I Clear My Criminal Record?
In some instances, if you’ve faced criminal charges you can later have your criminal record expunged. Though not all criminal records are eligible for expungement if you’ve been charged with a crime that was later dismissed, or if you were found not guilty, you may be eligible to have the slate wiped clean.
Reach Out to a Marion Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
Though facing criminal charges can be extremely frightening the best thing that you can do right now is find a defense lawyer that you trust to handle your case. If you’ve been charged with a crime in Marion, no matter the severity, reach out to Law Office of William J. Luse today at (843) 839-4795 or online. We will discuss your case, go over your options, and get to work fighting for you.