Marion Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a family member have suffered severe injuries or your loved one was killed in an accident in the greater Marion area, you will want to act quickly to secure qualified and aggressive legal representation. Contact Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers to learn more about your options and to make sure that you and your family’s rights are protected.
Accidents can happen anywhere at any time. Severe and catastrophic injury accidents, however, are often caused by the negligence or intentional actions of others. When someone else’s recklessness or carelessness causes you harm, you have the right to hold them legally accountable for the pain, suffering, and financial turmoil that you’ve been forced to endure. Hiring the right injury lawyer to represent you is one of the most important decisions you can make, and your choice of representation could mean the difference between a significant settlement or verdict, or little to no compensation whatsoever.
William Luse will fight to make sure that you recover every dollar to which you are entitled. We will gladly review your case and outline an effective legal strategy moving forward. Call (843) 839-4795 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.
Do I Need a Marion Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you’ve been hurt in an accident, the negligent party should be held accountable to cover all of your expenses and losses because of your injuries. On your own, you could face many challenges in recovering any money damages, however.
The responsible party and their insurance company may deny any liability. They may even claim that you were at fault. One of the primary reasons you will want to contact an attorney is because they will be able to conduct an independent investigation into your accident.
A highly trained and experienced lawyer can determine the exact cause of your accident and secure all of the evidence needed to prove that another party’s negligence caused the accident. South Carolina is considered a modified comparative fault state, which means that an injured person cannot recover damages in court when their negligence exceeds that of the other party. There will be a financial recovery, however, if the injured person’s negligence is deemed 50 percent or less.
Insurance companies will quickly try to find ways to pin as much blame as possible on victims to justify denials of claims. They can also be fast to try to shortchange victims with inadequate lump sum settlement offer to make cases go away. You will want an attorney who can negotiate a full and fair settlement to your case or file a lawsuit when an insurer refuses to provide adequate compensation.
While you concentrate on rest and recovery, let Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers handle the accident investigation, the collection of medical records and evidence, and the negotiations with insurance representatives on your behalf.
Why Choose Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers To Handle My Case?
Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers has been handling personal injury cases for ordinary South Carolina residents since 2005.
In 2018, Attorney Luse received the 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award from the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, was named a Top Ten Personal Injury Attorney by Attorney and Practice Magazine, and was also named one of the Best Attorneys of America by Best Attorneys of America, LLC. He was also named one of the 10 Best Attorneys by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys in 2017.
Attorney Luse is a member of the South Carolina Association for Justice, National Employment Lawyers Association, and Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College. In addition to state courts, he was admitted into practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit in 2016.
Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers handles all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that you will not have to pay our firm anything unless you receive a monetary award. While many accident claims settle out of court, rest assured that we prepare every case as if it is going to trial. Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers is never afraid to fight back against powerful insurance companies or anyone else that caused you harm.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers handles a wide variety of personal injury cases. Some of the most common include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Bicycle accidents— While Marion has many bike trails, cyclists frequently use city streets to commute or for exercise. Negligent drivers are often at fault for many bicycle accidents.
- Brain injuries— A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a devastating condition that can have enormous consequences for the victims.
- Burn injuries— People involved in fires or explosions can suffer burn injuries that not only involve immense pain but frequently result in severe disfigurement.
- Bus accidents— Both school buses and public transportation buses are vehicles designed to transport large numbers of passengers. Many people can be harmed when a bus is involved in any collisions.
- Car accidents— The number of major roads that run through Marion makes car crashes one of the most common causes of injuries in Marion.
- Construction accidents— Workers on construction sites are regularly exposed to many dangers, and actions or inaction by employers or other workers can result in devastating accidents.
- Dog bites— People bitten by dogs frequently know the dog owners but still have to deal with insurance companies that often try to pay victims much less than they deserve.
- Drunk driving accidents— An accident caused by a person who was intoxicated could involve possible claims against establishments such as bars or restaurants that overserved alcohol in addition to the impaired driver.
- Motorcycle accidents— Motorcyclists are not afforded the same level of physical protection as occupants of motor vehicles. Collisions in which the motorcyclist is the victim often result in serious, far-reaching injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents— People can be injured while traveling on foot, whether it is caused by an inattentive driver or a dangerous property condition.
- Rideshare accidents— Uber, Lyft, or other ridesharing drivers are just as capable of causing crashes as any other driver. Depending upon the business relationship, the ridesharing company itself could also be held liable.
- Scooter accidents— While scooters are seen as fun recreational vehicles, reckless operation or improperly maintained or even defective scooters can cause severe injuries.
- Slip and fall— Visitors, customers, and others can fall in public or private places because of dangerous property conditions. Property owners can be held liable in many cases for their negligence.
- Spinal cord injuries— A severe spinal cord injury will often leave a person in a wheelchair and in need of full-time assistance indefinitely.
- Toxic mold— Toxic mold can have long-term health effects for people exposed in their homes or workplaces.
- Truck accidents— Commercial trucks are some of the most massive vehicles on the road. Accidents involving these vehicles are often complicated because of numerous injuries and that multiple parties, and their insurance companies could be liable in such cases.
If your loved one died in a tragic accident caused by someone else’s recklessness or negligence, our team would be ready to help you take action on their behalf. You could be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit to recover compensation including, final medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, loss of future earnings, and emotional support, among other damages.
What should I do after an accident?
At the scene, take as many pictures as you can before vehicles are moved and vital evidence is cleaned up or washed away. This will help your case if you need to file an injury claim or an insurance claim for property damage.
Getting medical attention should be one of your main priorities after an accident, even if you think your injuries might be minor. Keep in mind that some might have delayed symptoms, and insurance companies become more difficult to deal with when a person waits days or weeks to seek treatment. You want any injuries treated and documented as soon as possible.
Be sure to hire an experienced attorney to represent you. Not all lawyers have specific experience handling injury claims, so be sure that you are working with a lawyer who knows how to get you the compensation you deserve. This means asking them about their experience, their track record of successful verdicts and settlements, and how they specifically will handle your case.
How long do I have to file a personal injury lawsuit?
Under South Carolina law, an injured person has a maximum of three years from the date of their accident to commence a legal action in court (in the case of wrongful death, three years from the victim’s passing).
What kinds of compensation could I be entitled to?
Many personal injury cases end in settlements because insurance companies want to avoid running up legal fees. For this reason, many settlements can occur before or even as trials are set to begin.
When a case does go all the way to trial, a victim who proves their case by a preponderance of the evidence can be awarded compensatory damages. The phrase compensatory damages usually consist of some combination of economic damages, which are the actual costs a person has incurred or will incur, and noneconomic damages, which are far more subjective. Economic damages usually include medical bills and lost wages while noneconomic damages might be for pain and suffering or loss of consortium.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney in Marion, SC
Did you sustain severe or catastrophic injuries or was your loved one harmed or killed in an accident in the Marion, South Carolina, area? If so, our team of qualified, experienced injury attorneys is ready to stand up and fight for you.
With personalized service, Law Office of William J. Luse, Inc. Accident & Injury Lawyers will fight to protect your rights in and out of court and make sure that the negligent party in your case is held fully accountable. Call (843) 839-4795 or contact us online to set up an appointment for a consultation. You deserve nothing less than the care and compassion of an experienced and thoroughly prepared legal team like ours. And you owe us nothing unless we win your case.